Friday, May 13, 2011

3. Fruit & Veggies Knitted Hats

My first craft passion is knitting. I love to knit. I'm a super slow knitter.  Like "Oh my gawd! You are the slowest ever at knitting. I think the wool just grew legs and is starting to baa."  Yeah, that slow. 

Hats are a super easy skill to learn to knit. Because I'm a thrower, i.e. English style knitter (as opposed to a picker or Continental knitting), circular needles are pretty much all I use.  They make it so much easier to hold on to the dropped needle unlike straights where I usually end up dropping a ton of stitches and having to correct or frog my work.

Since hats go so fast, I knitted up a little batch for my son.  He loves hats. Love, love, loves them. Just about everything becomes a hat: a pot, a felt bucket, my undies (yep. I have see that child put my skivvies on his head.)

The pattern came from Ravelry (by the way, if you are a knitter or crocheter and don't know Ravelry, get thee to it now! It is hands down the best resource for these two crafts anywhere online.)

This pattern is called the Berry Baby Hat by Michele Sabatier.  If you're interested, the pumpkin hat (left) is made from 100% wool yarn (Cascade 220.)  The grape hat (middle) is made from 100% acrylic yarn (Vanna's Choice.)  The tomato hat (right) is also 100% wool yarn (Cascade 220.)

Pumpkin, grape, and tomato hats.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of him wearing them!

    Just noticed your blog link -- you're getting added to my blog reader now!

    ReplyDelete