Friday, May 13, 2011

1. The Glass Tile Pendant

My main crafts involve fibers. Yarn, thread, fabric, etc.  In the last several weeks, I visited the International Gem and Jewelry Show.  There were mostly beads, metals, lots of cheap crap, and the a handful of gem dealers.

What really caught my eye was a woman selling a product called Craft Fantastic.  She sells supplies to make tile pendants.  I stuck around for a demo of the product using small 7/8" square glass tiles.  They looked so simple to create that I bought her starter kit.  Each kit came with 20 glass square tiles, 20 silver plated bails, a glue-glaze, and a tiny tube of E6000. 

I created 10 tile pendants. I used some images that she had printed and were available for purchase and the other images where photos and drawings I cut from magazines.  The final result was quite fun. Kitschy, funky, kind of neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment